Invisalign aligners have gained a lot of popularity in the orthodontic treatment world. Patients that have had to wear traditional braces know that the commitment required to achieve the end result is not an easy walk in the park. In fact, traditional braces are often paired up with soreness from tightening, inability to eat certain foods, and the overall undesired aesthetics from the metal brackets. This is why Invisalign aligners have taken orthodontics by a storm!
Invisalign aligners offer a more progressive way to straighten a smile. These clear aligners are designed to apply gentle pressure to the teeth so that they can shift into the position they are meant to be in. The results are comparable to those of metal braces but without the added hassle mentioned above. With all this in mind, we still get asked if Invisaligns are truly worth it. We have highlighted some points below that will help answer that question.
Invisalign Aligners Are Money Well-Spent
Believe it or not, Invisalign aligners can offer more benefits than its traditional metal counterparts. Technology has come a long way! These braces can help you achieve your teeth alignment results with a better aesthetic and little to no pain. There are also some added benefits to going the Invisalign route including:
- Treatment Time: Invisalign aligners require shorter treatment time than traditional aligners
- Comfort: Invisalign braces are much more comfortable than traditional braces
- Orthodontist Visit: Opting for Invisalign means less frequent visits to the Orthodontist
- Easy to Clean: Invisalign aligners are removable, which makes them very easy to clean
- Aesthetics: These are clear aligners which are quite unnoticeable
There has been research performed that showcased that Invisalign aligners provided the same, if not better, results as traditional braces. The patients that opted for the Invisalign braces expressed a higher level of satisfaction than those with traditional metal braces. This was mostly based on the cosmetic appearance of the apparatus. There was also an decrease in the time required to wear the Invisalign braces vs the traditional ones.
When are Invisalign Aligners Not The Better Option?
In most cases, Invisalign aligners are the best option for patients. However, there are times when this is not the case. Below is a list of potential scenarios for which Invisalign might not be the best alternative:
- Severe Overbite: A mild overbite can be corrected with Invisalign retainers but a severe overbite might require metal braces
- Large Gaps: Invisalign can correct small gaps between the teeth but it might not be able to correct larger gaps
- Prior Dental Work: Patients who have dental work done might not qualify for this option
- Tooth Position: Invisalign braces are not able to shift teeth into proper alignment if they are too rotated
There are a few other points to consider when choosing Invisalign asides from the ones mentioned above. Each patient’s needs are unique. The best way to find out if Invisalign aligners are the right choice for you is to come in and talk to our team. We are happy to assess your situation and provide you with the appropriate solution to reach your desired results.